PharmaCare Laboratories Pty Ltd (ABN 99 003 468 219) and its related companies (together we, us, our and other similar expressions) are committed to protecting your personal privacy.
Our privacy principles
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We have adopted internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information that we collect, store, use and disclose is dealt with in accordance with the APPs. You can see the full text of the APPs online at www.privacy.gov.au.
Information we collect
In order to provide our customers and consumers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about them. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
The type of information we collect includes names, addresses, email addresses and other contact details. We may also collect details such as your age, gender, weight, height, dietary habits, calorie intake, fitness levels and exercise habits. However, credit card numbers are NOT stored in any form by us on any internal or external database – all transactions are completed through a secure payment gateway.
We may collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (eg information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and able to do so, we will ask for your consent before collecting your sensitive information and let you know the purpose at the same time.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information from you. For example, we may collect information from you when you register an account with one of our websites or sign up to use one of our Apps, or when you provide us with information, whether in person, by telephone, online or in writing. If you submit an order (including by telephone or online), we will collect information necessary to fulfil that order. However, we may also collect personal information about you from someone other than you (for example from other organisations with which you have had dealings with).
How we store personal information
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
Our employees are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of the usernames and passwords you use to access and use our websites or our Apps. We are not responsible or liable for the security of data sent via the internet.
Purpose of collection
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so we can:
- meet our legal obligations;
- identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives as well as the consumers of
- our products;
- provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- communicate with you;
- inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- inform you about our products and services, the benefits of using our products and about offers or
- other benefits that may become available;
- seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner; develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services; and contact you to enable us to manage your account (if any) and fulfil our obligations to you or your organisation.
We usually disclose the personal information we collect to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and
- disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part
- of our assets and business;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
We may use personal information to advise you of new products and marketing initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. This may include product or service offerings, newsletters and general information about us.
If you prefer not to receive information about our products and services, you can ask to be removed from the relevant circulation list by contacting us using the contact details listed below. We never disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to you, unless you have expressly consented to that disclosure.
We may contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information we collect from you to customise our websites, apps or both, according to your interests.
Access, quality and correction
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to that information by contacting us at the contact details listed below. We always try to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us at the contact details listed below. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.